Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Insomnia

I don't usually suffer from insomnia but I did the other night. I was laying there just staring at the ceiling at 11:00...12:00...1:00...
Here's what was keeping me awake.

a childhood friend who has lost his way.

a friend, a stage 4 breast cancer suvivor who's cancer is back and is facing some tough decisions.

a dear friend with a rare condition that causes a pneumothorax with frightening regularity, she's had two surgeries and in the midst of her recovery needs to move her family back to the states from Singapore.

a coworker whose father had a heart attack and he had to perform CPR until help arrrived.

wondering what it would be like to sleep in the street in front of the rubble that was your home.

Then I remembered my blog from a couple of days ago.

God is bigger than all of these things. Regardless of the outcome He is in control and knows the details of every need and where it fits into His greater plan. He knows my heart and the Spirit has made my thoughts into sweet prayers and lifted them up before God.

It happened so fast that I don't even remember falling asleep after that.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely reminder that God is never sleeping and never surprised by anything that happens to any of us, those who know him and those who don't...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're sleeping a little better these days, Les. And hope your childhood friend who's lost his way is okay, too.

    xok

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sleeping pretty good because I'm not the one worrying any longer. Thanks for being a reader though. For awhile it was only my Mom. How sad is that. No offense Mom.

    ReplyDelete