Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm starting this blog for a class.

I'm a recent grad student in Library and Information Sciences and one of my first required classes is a computer course. I'm also older (not old, just older). That should tell you a little about how I feel about it right there.

I can't be the only one who thinks we have informationed ourselves to death.

I now subscribe to 10 RSS feeds, Twitter, Facebook, several friends blogs, the library blog where I work, have 5 e-mail accounts, one of which I have never been able to look at because I can't remember the password ( I know they'll "remind" me, but do I really need to look?), and I carry my cell phone to bed at night. I can get my news updates as instantly as my text messages, I have fluffy kittens running around on my computer screen from something I accidentally downloaded, and don't even mention the billions of chain letters I get! I have enough bad luck, weight gain, bad karma, whatever, to last me the rest of my life and beyond.

Do we really need to be this connected?

No comments:

Post a Comment