Friday, October 30, 2009

Apparently I am a hypochondriac.

I didn't used to be but With allthe news about H1N1 out there plus the daily updates from our own building, the CDC and the Red Cross I've become convinced that I will not be able to avoid getting the flu at some point. So when a coworkers coughs in my office, I cringe and suddenly start to cough. When someone complains of a tickle in their throat or a headache suddenly I wonder if my throat is sore and does my head hurt? The other day I was checking in books (books are so dirty) and while inspecting for damage I accidentally hit my lip - WITH THE BOOK! How do you sanitize your lips?

I overanalyze every ache and pain, sniffle and cough.

What I really need to do is stop watching the news and just be smart. Wash my hands often. Sanitize public sufaces when possible. Avoid touching my face without first washing my hands.

Which brings me to the fact that now that I can't touch my face it has become a magnet for every piece of wiggle nylon thread floating around out there. My eyes itch constantly and I seem to get cat hair on my nose even when my cats aren't around.

Yep, definately a hypochondriac.

No comments:

Post a Comment