Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I don't want my airline pilot looking at his computer while flying. I don't want my subway conductor texting while operating the train. I don't want my bus driver talking on the cell phone while driving. And, I certainly don't want a new driver distracted by any electronic devices he/she might have.

Can you imagine missing the airport because you were busy on the computer. Wouldn't the autopilot beep or something? I admit I have missed my exit while deep in conversation or pretending to be a rock star singing with the radio,but an airport! I'm pretty sure they could have set an alarm on their computer, or phone, something, to tell them when they were getting close. According to an article in the Wall Street Journal, air traffic controllers tried for over an hour to get their attention.

At least they didn't cause an accident like the subway conductor in New York, the bus(trolley) driver in San Fransisco, or the kid on the news who killed a man because he was texting while operating a potentially deadly weapon, his car.

No comments:

Post a Comment