Friday, January 27, 2012

Sad News - for me anyhow...

Posted at Central Library in the READ Center:


On Wednesday, January 25, 2012 Jerry the Degu died in his sleep.

Jerry the Degu came to live with at McCollough Branch Library in the summer
of 2002. Right from the start he was an ornery little guy who loved
running, running, running on his wheel.

In those days it seemed he was in constant motion.

He came to live at Central Library in 2006 where he established quite a
following. He loved it when people of all ages visited him in the READ Center.

His favorite things were always Cheerios, running, his willow ball nest, and the
occasional shoulder rides with his friend and caretaker. Jerry remained sweet
tempered and genuinely cute his whole life - bringing joy to all.

He was preceded in death by his brother Tom.
He is survived by his friends Buttercup the Degu, Cinnamon the Cat,
Miss Lola the Book Bus driver and the Staff of the Read Center.

He will be missed.

In honor of Jerry’s lifelong work at the EVPL, we invite you to share your memories of Jerry in his memorial book.

2 comments:

  1. I had a Degu myself, he lived to be 8 but died from diabetes. I was overseas when that happened, I left him with my grandma so he died with family.
    I'm sure you guys will me Jerry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to say "miss" Jerry not "me"

    ReplyDelete