Friday, January 13, 2012

Just finished re-reading City of Tranquil Light by Bo caldwell for my Book Club and I once again found myself so moved by the gentle strength of the faith portrayed in the book that I wanted to re-post a blog entry from November 17, 2011:

Set in the turn of the 20th Century China City of Tranquil Light by Bo Caldwell is the stoy of two Mennonite Missionaries who leave home to live in the plains of Northern China. In China they discover love, hate, danger, turmoil, doubt, but also deep contentment. Life is hard, sometimes excruciatingly so, but their love for the people of China and dedication to God keeps them standing firm through good times of plenty and hard times of drought, famine, and war.

This tender story is one of deep relationships and the amazing power forgiveness has on the lives of all it touches. Full of wisdom it is based on the real lives of Caldwell's grandparent's, enhanced with pieces from the lives of other missionaries to China making the book an even more compelling read. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment