Thursday, February 11, 2010

Self-reflection, a good thing?

I have often said that I am the least OCD person of the women in my family. But lately I have been doing a little self-reflection and have noticed a few things:

I have a favorite restaurant (a barbeque place) that has paper towels instead of napkins (it's a classy place) and I always fold the paper towel in half and lay out my fork when I arrive.

I always set the alarm before I brush my teeth at night and then check it again when I get into bed. (I don't want to be late to work!)

I hit the snooze two times each morning.

I have a pretty exact morning routine (because I have already hit the snooze twice). Everything is timed out to the second. If, say I can't catch the cat to give the silly thing her medicine I will be late to work.

I keep my pens upside down in the holder (the ink last longer this way) and if I find one the wrong way I flip it immediately.

I have whittled the repetitive parts of my job down to the easiest method and fewest movements for optimum efficiency and have to bite my tongue when others do it differently (It always takes them longer).

I come home, keys in their place, flip lights on in order and off behind me as I go, say hello to the cats and ask them if they had a good day (I know, scary, BUT they aren't answering me yet, so we're good).

There's more but I begin to frighten myself. So in addition to being, apparently pretty stinkin' OCD, I am now paranoid about it.

Self-reflection is NOT always a good thing!

2 comments:

  1. I am a free spirit compared to you. And, having said that, wait until your sister reads this and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least I can sit with my back towards the door...

    ReplyDelete