Thursday, October 13, 2011

I have saved a lot of animals in my life. Let's see there was (were):


*a baby robin that had fallen out of it's nest

*turtles crossing the street and a huge one in a parking lot

*a baby flying squirrel (Sooo CUTE!!!)

*a big dog running around in a parking lot

*stray cats (my sweet Madeleine, and an orange tabby kitten from under a car now named Hans)

*many toads from being squished in the street

*even a spider or two that I made my Dad put outside so they at least had a fighting chance (it was winter...

...I was little)


But I had to laugh at myself the other day when I went into a school and noticed a pretty large slug on the sidewalk slimming in squggly circles and felt bad for it. See it was going to be a pretty hot day, the concrete was a very light color and the slug was going to dry out and die a horrible death. So I picked it up (eww I might add, they are not slimy but sticky) and placed it in the grass so it could wriggle down under the grass and stay cool.







You want empathy, I'm your gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment