Friday, March 26, 2010

I once again find myself asking the question, "Are we too connected?"

Last night I was checking Facebook to see what my "friends" had been up to during the day and I came across an update that informed all that a family member had died the afternoon before.

Now, I wasn't close to this family member any longer. They live in California and I haven't seen them since I was a little girl but that's not the point. The point is, what if this had been someone close to me? What if someone right here in town was in an accident and their friends or family found out about it before I did and posted it on FB? How would you feel finding out that way?

Maybe I shouldn't be asking if we are too connected but if we are too insensitive to others' feelings (or too self-centered to realize other's feelings)?

1 comment:

  1. I agree that there are just too many ramifications from FB, Twitter (I suppose. I don't use it), texting and even e-mailing. I also don't need to know what kind of mucus a "friend" is producing this morning!!! Enough!

    ReplyDelete